TEMPORARY RESIDENCE PERMIT
We understand your concern about obtaining al the necessary documents that you will need in order to stay in Poland legally. That is why we present a step-by-step tutorial on how to get a temporary residence permit.
If your visa is approaching its deadline, and you do not wish to leave Poland, you should apply for a temporary residence permit. In order to do that, you need to fill out an online form and submit the necessary documents.
What documents do I need to submit?
Where can I submit an application?
- At the office of the Department of Foreigners,
located at 3/5 Marszałkowska St. in Warsaw,
1st floor, stands 14, 16, only after prior arrangement for a specific day and time
10 am - 5:30 pm (Monday),
8 am - 3 pm (Tuesday - Friday)
- At the Regional Offices of the Mazowieckie Province Office:
- in Ciechanów at ul. 17 Stycznia 17, ground floor, room 9
- in Płock at ul. Kolegialna 15, ground floor, room 2
- in Radom at ul. Żeromskiego 53, room 261
- in Siedlce at ul. Piłsudskiego 38, ground floor, room 14
- in Ostrołęka at ul. Augusta Emila Fieldorfa "Nila" 15, ground floor, room 46B
By mail:Mazowiecki Urząd Wojewódzki w Warszawie
Wydział Spraw Cudzoziemców
ul. Marszałkowaska 3/5, 00-624 Warszawa
Conditions that I have to meet
What do I need to know?
- When applying, you refuse to give your fingerprints in order to issue a residence card,
- You are staying in Poland on the basis of the following residence statuses:
- Permanent residence permit or long-term EU residence permit
- Schengen visa authorising only the entry into that territory issued for a visit for humanitarian reasons, due to state interest or international obligations
- Temporary residence permit related to circumstances requiring a short-term visit
- Consent for tolerated residence, consent for humanitarian visit, asylum, subsidiary protection and temporary protection or decision on granting refugee status in Poland
- When applying for refugee status or asylum
- If you are detained, placed in a guarded facility or in the arrest for aliens, or preventive measures have been used against you in the form of prohibition to leave the country
- You are imprisoned or temporarily arrested
- You have been obligated to return and the period for voluntary return specified in the decision obligating an alien to return has not yet expired, also in the case of an extension of that period
- You are obligated to leave the territory of Poland within 30 days from the date on which the decision to refuse the extension of the Schengen visa, national visa, temporary residence permits, permanent residence permit or long-term EU residence permit, or to refuse, discontinue or strip of refugee status or subsidiary protection, to withdraw the consent for tolerated stay - has become final, and in the case of a decision by a higher body, from the date on which the final decision was delivered
- You are outside the territory of Poland
How long will I wait for a decision?
Up to 2 months. In accordance with Article 35 Section 5 of the Code of Administrative Procedure, this period does not include the periods provided by law for certain activities, periods of suspension of the proceedings and periods of delay caused by the fault of the applicant or for reasons beyond the authority.
What fees do I have to pay?
At the time of submission of the application
Urząd Dzielnicy Śródmieście
Miasta Stołecznego Warszawy
ul. Nowogrodzka 43
For the residence card upon receipt of the decision
Mazowiecki Urząd Wojewódzki
NBP O/O Warszawa 83-1010-1010-0137-1022-3100-0000
The Act on Aliens of 12 December 2013 (Journal of Laws of 2003, Item 1650).
If you are dissatisfied with the decision received, you have a right to make an appeal. The appeal shall be submitted to the Head of the Office of Alien Affairs through the Governor of Mazowieckie Province within 14 days from the date of delivery of the decision..
ContactIn order to obtain additional information, please contact us by phone on
Mondays from 10:00 to 18:00
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 8:00 to 16:00:
All of the above information about the entire process and all necessary documents was taken from the MUW website ; this information is current as of today (________ 2018).